tisdag 25 september 2007

Doctor appointment, coffee and a loud scooter horn...

I meet a doctor in the health care yesterday. He made the statement that my lungs sounds was very good and that I was suffer by a virus infection. You can't medicate a virus, but I must say that I think a snaps of cognac every evening have give me some relief. The doctor told me to continue my "evening snaps". After all, it seems to help a bit, he said =). I just want to tell you that it doesn't mean that I go to bed 5 times every evening ;). He also forbidden me to speak "don't talk and don't whisper" he said. I'm just trying to obey as much as I can.
I felt better yesterday (I was up all the day) and my voice sounded like an old squeaking door. Today I feel, pretty much, the same, my voice is a bit better however.

I do like cooking but I don't feel well enough for it now so after my medical examination yesterday I stopped by the store and bought some frozen food, ready for the microwave. I bought some soured milk and yogurt too.

This is the best way to have coffee, outdoors

When I was going to
Florida Katrin asked me what I eat for breakfast. Coffee and sometimes some soured milk, I said. She laugh and said that soured milk is something typical Swedish; you can't buy that in the USA. Well, at least they have coffee but I have to admit that I was dying for a cup of "real" coffee that you make in a coffee kettle. We could only find instant coffee or coffee for a coffee maker machine (?). It would be interesting to see an American try the different "typical" Swedish food.

I found an old PR movie from Gevalia (a big coffee producer in Sweden). It's about two men who are going to make some coffee outdoor. The rain starts to fall but the thunder god Tor is helping them with the fire and when he smells the coffee aroma he jumps down, from his carriage from the sky, to the men. "A delicious coffee for Gods" is the slogan. The movie is silly but also charming in a way. You can see it here.

The thunder God, Tor (aesir God)

After talking about carriages it leads us to vehicle and from there to scooter = Sandra.
When she was on her way home from school yesterday her scooter horn got stuck. I guess it was very embarrassing for her. She gave me a call but there wasn't anything I could do, she had to drive the scooter home anyway. When she came home she gave the retailer a call and they decided a meeting today after school. The company is located in town, about 15 kilometers from here. Hopefully the horn is quiet on the way to the service. I guess that we all know how embarrassing "everything" is for
a teenager and she is no exception. Oh, how she was ashamed... driving around with that loud honk sound...




To be continued...

3 kommentarer:

SweFlo sa...

Well, you didn't listen to your doctor, because I talked to you several times ;-), bad girl!

Too funny about Sandra's scooter horn, he he...

Tempus Fugit sa...

Schyyy, not so loud ;)

I know, sometimes I am a bad girl...


Yes, poor Sandra, but it is fun to. I can't help laughing hihihi...

Anonym sa...

Ja det är ju lite skillnad på Måns och Persbrant. Förstår att du vill byta, Persbrant är ju lite mer manlig, haha;) Mamma hälsar så gott! kramar